One of the most ICONIC DIVAS of our time is now gone after a long and dedicated, but tumultuous life.
Whitney Houston, who was one of the most celebrated singers of this era, was found dead a couple of days ago in her hotel room at the Beverly Hills Hilton. She was found in her bathtub with a cocktail of prescription drugs, including Xanax, a strong sleeping aid and 2 others near her.
Personally, I am in shock that she passed so young and so sudden, but not shocked at her passing. She is known for her downs more than her ups, most of them being her battle with addiction over that past couple of decades. She undoubtedly will be remembered for just about everything that she did, whether it be topping the Billboard 200 charts for 20 weeks or her various stints in rehab. Whitney was a force to be reckoned with, with a voice, unmatched.
Her death hit everyone hard, musically or not. It overshadowed this years Grammy Awards, bringing a very somber and melancholy aura over what was supposed to be a joyous occasion for many. It’s brought sadness to everyone from her ex husband, Bobby Brown, to the man who gave her the chance, Mr. Clive Davis. My condolences goes out to anyone who is grieving over the loss of the late and great, Whitney Houston.
Here is her very last performance, the day before she passed away.
- Video: The Most Touching Whitney Houston Tributes at the Grammys (popsugar.com)
- Jennifer Hudson Delivers Emotional Whitney Houston Tribute at the Grammys (popsugar.com)
- Whitney Houston’s doctors subpoenaed for medical records (abclocal.go.com)
- Remembering Whitney Houston (lukewilliamsgossip.wordpress.com)
- Cissy Houston, Whitney Houston’s Mother, Speaks Out about her Daughter’s Death (inquisitr.com)
- Whitney Houston Cause of Death: Prescription Drugs and Alcohol, Family Told (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Whitney Houston’s Doctors Interviewed Over Prescription Drugs (lukewilliamsgossip.wordpress.com)