As per the Daily News, Yves Saint Laurent will become Saint Laurent, and probably just in time for Hedi Slimane, the person who replaced creative director Stefano Pilati, to unveil his first designs for the Spring 2013 sale. Although the name change is being made, the YSL symbol, which is an iconic symbol for French luxury brands, will not be replaced.
Current creative director Hedi Slimane is in the process of rebranding the YSL fashion house, wanting to bring them into a new era while keeping up with other luxury brands such as Prada, Chanel & Versace. He as been given “total creative responsibility for the brand image and all of its collections.”
Slimane plans to make a statement in Sept., with his Spring 2013 collection.
I AM A CITIZEN OF HIP HOP. – BREUCKELEN
MUSIC IS MY RELIGION. – JIMI HENDRIX
Check out our other audioEMIT sites!
- Yves Saint Laurent announce name change (marieclaire.co.uk)
- Yves Saint Laurent to be renamed by creative director Hedi Slimane (guardian.co.uk)
- YSL Name Change, Courtesy of Hedi Slimane (fashionweekdaily.com)
- Stefano Pilati Out at Yves Saint Laurent (fabsugar.com)
- Yves Saint Laurent Is Changing Its Name! (Seriously) (thegloss.com)