Sneakerheads will have to wait a bit longer for those new kicks. Nike is canceling it’s 12am releases. It’s been reported that they are doing this to curb some of the recent violence and mob like activity happening during the midnight releases. Some are also saying that this is to stop people from buying the sneakers and making a quick bucks off of a resale.
All retailers are being told that they are to wait until 8am to start any sale or promotion of a big release to the public. This includes the new Lebron X kicks that are coming out. Pretty sure Jordan Brand will also be included.
I AM A CITIZEN OF HIP HOP.
Music is my RELIGION. – Jimi HENDRIX
- Nike Asks Retailers Not to Schedule Midnight Releases for Lebron X Sneakers (shoppingblog.com)
- Cancelling the LeBron Sneaker Release? (theatlantic.com)
- Why You Won’t Be Camping Out To Get The Lebron X At Midnight (huffingtonpost.com)
- Nike Retailers Are Bracing for Sneaker Riots (theatlanticwire.com)
- Nike Braces for $315 Shoe Release (abcnews.go.com)
- Report: Jordan Fly Wade 3 cancelled, Dwyane Wade contemplates move to Li-Ning (examiner.com)
- Nike to sell LeBron X sneaker for around $300 (espn.go.com)
- America Spends Its Last $315 on Nikes [Usa] (gawker.com)
- Sneaker Collectors Documentary (formatmag.com)