Two Eleven, which was named that after the passing of legend Whitney Houston on February 11, was released Oct. 15, and this album shows signs of the 90s Brandy that we fell in love with, with a more emotionally attached, grown up feel to it. Fans are eating it up, as it sits at #3 on the Billboard 200 and #1 on the Billboard R&B Album listings.
Everyone wanted pure R&B out of Brandy and that’s exactly what she gives you on this new album. She gives those vocal chords a good workout. Her runs are crazy and varied on every song.. Her lyrics respond to her more grown up and mature personality. There’s a lot more emotion, especially coming of her last couple of albums, which didn’t fair so well.
For her 6th studio album, she put her R&B roots back on the silver platter. Definitely wasn’t what I expected from her, which is a very good thing.
Diversifying Sound Waves & Shattering Barriers.
Music is my RELIGION. – Jimi HENDRIX
- Brandy’s Style Evolution (From ‘Moesha’ to ‘Two Eleven’ And Everything In Between) (styleblazer.com)
- Congrats to Brandy… (tellitgirl.wordpress.com)
- Brandy Honors Whitney Houston During “Two Eleven” Album Release Concert in NYC (worldlifehype.wordpress.com)
- Brandy’s Comeback Album Is Here! (987ampradio.cbslocal.com)
- Review: Brandy – Two Eleven (Deluxe Edition) (m-edia.me)
- Live And Direct: Brandy Kills It At Her “Two Eleven” Performance In NYC!! [Video] (bossip.com)
- Brandy tops the Billboard charts with her new album, ‘Two Eleven’ (thegrio.com)